Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scraggy Hair, Tank Tops & Super Why




"Mom, I want scraggy hair today."  If we are leaving the house...yah...no!  Otherwise, the ponies are pulled out and she looks like a scrag.  The kid is also obsessed with tank tops and comfy pants.  I guess she has seen me too often walk in the door and change into comfies.  The first thing she does now after a day out is head to her room, dig in the bottom drawer and puts on either joggers, yoga pants or leggings.  Along with this comes a tank top and no socks. Sometimes she matches but this is rare. Needless to say she will never go out with me in any of her get ups - I still (and will always) have the final say! In the meantime... I thank her for the extra load of laundry.


Makenna is obsessed with Super Why (a PBS show) - so much so that I've ordered a DVD from PBS and downloaded a Podcast in iTunes.  The only bonus with this obsession (aside from her practising reading and recognizing letters) is that I can play it on the computer downstairs while Dave and I put the babies to bed.  I am proud to report that Makenna knows all of her letters (upper and lower case) and their sounds.  She sometimes confuses i/I with 1 or l, but I'm not too concerned about that.



When Emerson gets hurt or upset she crosses her arms and pouts - it's very heart wrenching.  She loves to play peek-a-boo by covering her eyes with the back of her hands - it cracks me up how she thinks we can't see her.  Emerson has also discovered her love of cheese and chicken fajita lunch meat.  

Jaxon still refuses to roll himself over or attempt to get up when one of his sisters knocks him over - or even if he falls on his own he still plays the victim and cries to be saved.  He is getting braver when it comes to cruising but I think it will be quite a while before he actually walks - he's too cautious and really doesn't like to fall.

Makenna is also really getting in to pretend play - she's a mommy now and dotes on her baby Denise - feeding her, dressing her, putting her to bed - you name it.  Apparently, we need to get a  babysitter for her baby now when we go out because "she will cry" if we don't.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, awwww, and more awwwww.
    So nice to be able to put the babies to bed in peace!!!

    ReplyDelete