Tuesday, September 8, 2009

With walking ... comes running and ... STITCHES!!!

The beginning of June - I'm at work - the kids are at home with Allison - I'm planning away in my classroom - it's half and hour till school starts - my cell phone rings.  "I think Jaxon needs stitches."  "Seriously???"  "Yep."  Of course I carpooled to work today - Andrea drove - so no car - I book a TOC - Andrea kindly lends me her vehicle - I head back to Abby and ... sure enough, there's a gaping gash in my little boy's chin.  He wouldn't be a boy if he hadn't had his first trip to the ER and a few stitches a few months after his first birthday.  Apparently running and a coffee table are not a good mix - the poor little guy tripped running into the living room and impaled his chin on the edge of the coffee table.  Split it good enough for 3 stitches - not a huge number - but that's still quite a few considering the size of his itty bitty chin.  Jaxon was a trooper through the whole thing - actually laid perfectly still while the doctor stitched him - cried - but didn't move.  The picture isn't the best but here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment